Since we were kids, we have always been aware of what’s nutritious and what’s unhealthy when it comes to food (thanks to our moms and pre-school teachers!). But over the years, some studies gave reaffirmation of what’s essential for our body, while others attempted to shatter our beliefs. Nevertheless, ‘health’ is not just about what we’re eating or drinking. We should also factor in the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the overall health and wellness of a person, hence our latest article on 7 essential food for the spirit. Nowadays, what’s good for your overall health rests on your personal matter, of course, your individual needs and goals, and may also be based on a particular chakra.
While most of us are focused on the physical shape, we sometimes overlook or neglect the other equally important aspects that constitute a person’s overall well-being. That’s why it is very important to be no stranger to the foods that promote holistic healthiness. Next time you plan your meals, make sure that you include these in your diet!
- Broccoli - Incorporate broccoli into your daily diet, and you’ll actually get the required nutrients you need for the day. This so-called ‘supermini tree’ is an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, B6, E, and C, as well as manganese and choline. Eating broccoli can help reduce cholesterol, detoxify your body, and can lower the risk of cancer.
- Yogurt - We all know that yogurt comes from milk, but its taste and texture is ‘strange’, yet interesting. Aside from it being our favorite dessert alternative, yogurt is actually also good for our body as it includes protein, which helps appetite regulation. Having an unbalanced and poor digestive system can affect our senses, plus the way we think and act. So, to improve your digestive condition as well as your overall well-being, including yogurt in your daily diet!
- Kale - Kale is more than just a fad. I’m sure you’ve read this superfood in a lot of health blogs and magazines, and I’m including this on the list because of its tons of benefits! Not only does kale help in weight loss, but it can help strengthen our overall well-being. Kale helps lower cholesterol, which can benefit our heart health, and it also helps detoxify the body while preventing the growth of tumors. In addition, this super leafy vegetable can help improve eyesight, strengthen our bones, nurture our skin, and build up our immune system.
- Chocolates - Too many sweets may be bad for our health, but a few bites of our all-time favorite chocolate can be good for our spirit. I’m pretty sure we can all agree that chocolates make us happy and can satisfy our cravings.
- Purple Foods - Also known as the ‘third-eye chakra’, the sixth chakra is located between the eyebrows and associated with the color violet or indigo. Purple foods, including grapes, eggplant, purple kale, organic cocoa, among others, are essential foods to strengthen the sixth chakra, which guides your vision, imagination, and strategy.
- Wholesome and Pure Foods - Including wholesome and organic foods in your diet can help strengthen and balance the seventh major chakra, which is the ‘crown chakra’. Located at the crown of the head, the seventh chakra represents a person’s spiritual identity, wisdom, understanding, and judgment. Avoid foods that contain unnatural substances and ingredients and take a step towards a well-balanced crown chakra.
- Olive oil - Quitting comfort food could be catastrophic. Being healthy doesn’t necessarily mean that we need to completely shut out the foods that we enjoy eating, which includes dishes that require oil, butter, or margarine. However, instead of using saturated fats, olive oil is definitely a healthier alternative. Olive oil, aside from it being natural, contains a lot of antioxidants, that can help prevent cholesterol and other serious diseases.
Bonus: Avoid anything processed or canned. Do yourself a favor and eat fresh and clean vegetables, fruits, dairy, and meat!
Now, let me ask you — what are the foods that breathe new life into your soul and spirit? We’d love to hear your thoughts!